The Bs in Electronics Engineering Technologies are accredited through the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Mission and Program Educational Objectives
In conjuction with the mission from the College, the mission from the Department of Engineering Technologies are to create four-year graduates using the breadth and depth of understanding in engineering technology to get long term productive people from the regional labor force and also the local society. The Electronics Engineering Technology programs has five educational objectives the following:
- Demonstrate technical proficiency within the area
- Apply quantitative reasoning and demanding thinking in fixing technical problems
- Effectively communicate technical understanding, ideas, and plans to other people, including upper management
- Lead project teams in effective completing projects
- Have strong business and management abilities
In electronics, you'll study having a group of professionals devoted to instructing you on what you ought to survive in the industry world. We provide you with the tools you have to pursue a job in lots of diverse areas. Nearly every lecture course comes with an associated laboratory that provides you hands-on experience to enhance the idea learned within the class. We've good, modern equipment within our labs, and we're improving continuously. The department"s computer laboratory has immediate access to the internet and also the Internet. The-standard "Multisim" simulation software from Electronics Work bench can be obtained to be used in creating and running laboratory circuits.
The 4 Year Program
The Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) program is split into two levels, permitting students to concentrate within an area that's most attractive to them.
- Electronics Concentration in EET: Within the electronics program, we develop a fundamental understanding of electricity and ac circuits. After that, we focus on digital and analog electronics and systems. We apply our understanding to controls systems including Prrr-rrrglable Logic Remotes (PLC), digital and analog communication systems, and microprocessor systems. The amount culminates inside a two-semester senior design project that every student must complete before graduation. Study regarding electronics needs a good background in mathematics. Our students take technical mathematics and calculus for electronics, two specialized courses trained through the Department of Mathematics. Outdoors of electronics, our students study technical drafting, technical writing, and work supervision within the Industrial Engineering Technology curriculum. The rest of the courses make up the university's core curriculum of communications, natural sciences, social sciences, fine arts and humanities, and health insurance and personal fitness.
- Biomedical Engineering Technology (BMET) Concentration in EET: In BMET you'll go ahead and take same foundational courses as students within the electronics concentration (electricity and ac circuits, and digital and analog electronics). Beyond that, students will start to take courses in anatomy and physiology in addition to learning digital signal processing, medical instrumentation, and many other courses made to prepare graduates for jobs within the growing medical fields. The BMET concentration culminates within an internship having a company within the medical electronics industry where students will become familiar with first-hands the possibilities and challenges of biomedical industry. Students within the BMET concentration take most of the same Industrial Engineering Technology and college core courses as individuals within the electronics levels (begin to see the paragraph above).
Graduates from the Bs in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) are broadly searched for by regional and local companies. Our graduates operate in a multitude of exciting fields within the electronics industry: video teleconferencing, semiconductor processing, audio and electronic devices, make sure evaluation, instrumentation, prrr-rrrglable logic control, and many more.